Surgical body contouring following major weight loss removes excess sagging fat and skin while improving the shape of the underlying support tissue. The result is a more normal appearance with smoother contours.
Dramatic weight loss has many benefits. But after weight reduction surgery, or any substantial amount of weight loss, the skin and tissues often lack the elasticity to conform to the reduced body size.
Body contouring procedures may include:
• Facelift: sagging of the mid-face, jowls, and neck
• Breast lift: sagging, flattened breasts
• Tummy tuck: apron of excess skin hanging over the abdomen
• Lower body lifts: sagging of the abdomen, buttocks, groin and outer thighs
• Medial thigh lift: sagging of the inner, outer and mid thigh
• Arm lift: sagging of the upper arms